Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Today.


In the Morning I wake
I wash my face.
And I say to myself…”today-yes today will be a good day.”
I hear whispers, and still I’m determined to have a good day.
I prepare myself for a day of living.
I say to myself in the morning as I wake… Today-yes today will be a good day.

The sun travels across the sky, hot. Birds sing lazily in the maple trees.
I say this in the morning as I wash my face.
Today-yes this day shall be a good day.

The sun rises and the whispers advance the day.
My heart quickens, and they fade.
I say as I wash my face.
Today will be a good day.

During the long afternoon heat, in the height of summer the whispers die and in a sigh of relief I say as I wipe the sweat off my brow.
“Today will be a good day” I say.

The sun begins its rest in the western plain, the birds start there short summer nap.
And as I wash my face and hands…
I say…”today was a good day.”


copywrite 8-1-11

No comments:

Post a Comment